While using the Internet, you have probably encountered various attractive and useful websites, and you may have formed your own opinions of their capabilities and limitations. However, merely using the Internet will not give you an understanding of how these sites are created. In this course, you will examine the basics of foundational web technology and create your own functional web pages using markup languages such as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Hypertext Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
In order to get the most out of this class, you must be able to meet the following prerequisites:
- Be comfortable working in a Windows environment
- Have experience using the World Wide Web
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Write effective, easily maintainable HTML code
- Use basic Cascading Style Sheets in conjunction with HTML code
- Create, test, and deploy a Web site